Finally, we have reached the end of this eventful year and even though things are steadily coming back to speed, they are far from being normal. The Covid-19 crisis is still very much prevalent all around the world and we all need to take special care of our health and wellbeing to protect ourselves and our family from this deadly disease.
Along with the crucial norms of following respiratory hygiene by regularly washing hands, wearing masks, and maintaining social distancing, it is imperative to pay attention to what you are consuming on a daily basis. A well-balanced and nutrient-rich diet will go a long way in strengthening your immunity so that you can combat the Coronavirus like a true champ!
Why nuts are important?
Nuts are proven to be a rich source of all the necessary nutrients that help our immune system to fight against different disease-causing viruses and bacteria. Now more than ever, people are becoming aware of the numerous benefits that these tiny nuts provide so they can keep themselves healthy in this pandemic.
How nuts might help your heart?
Heart diseases are said to be the primary cause of death in the world. Nuts are rich in substances that promote the health of the heart and thus prevent cardiovascular disease. We’ve mentioned a few of these substances below.
- Unsaturated Fats – According to some research, the “good” fats in dry fruits and nuts contribute to lowering the bad cholesterol levels in the body.
- Omega-3 fatty acids – Omega -3 fatty acids are abundantly found in several nuts. These compounds help to maintain the regular rhythm of the heart.
- Fiber – It is a known fact that fiber helps in lowering the cholesterol levels in the body and also reduces the risk of type 2 diabetes.
- Vitamin E – Vitamin E is excellent to keep the arteries plaque-free. Plaque is a leading cause of congestion in arteries which leads to chest pain and heart attack.
- Plant sterols – Plant sterols are a naturally occurring substance in some nuts that help to lower cholesterol.
- L-arginine – Dry fruits and nuts are a rich source of L-arginine which is a substance that keeps the walls of the arteries flexible so that blood can flow freely. It greatly reduces the chances of blood clotting.
Apart from being beneficial for the health of the heart, nuts have other benefits like:
- Regulating digestion
- Managing weight
- Enhancing the glow of the skin
- Improving mental health
Now you can buy dry fruits online at Nuts For Us without any hassle!
With a legacy of 130 years, we offer the best dry fruits online that are procured from regions across the globe. Our wide product selection includes Afghani Munakka, Californian Almonds, Cashews, Californian Walnuts, Macadamia Nuts, Hazelnuts, and other assorted dry fruits. Check out our exclusive website to shop online.