Chia seed is one of the most versatile nutritional powerhouses that can be added to virtually any recipe! Despite their tiny size, these black seeds can provide you a plethora of health benefits. Add them to your favorite delicacies to give them an element of crunch, texture, and flavor.
Nutritional Facts Don’t get fooled by the size of these tiny seeds! With a wealth of essential vitamins and minerals such as Omega- 3s, antioxidants, potassium, iron, and calcium, chia seeds provide excellent strength and healing powers to the body. They are easy to digest and will keep you fuller for a long period of time. The high content of mucilaginous fiber supports healthy weight loss and helps to maintain a lean and fit physique. While it’s good for your inside, chia can also be used as a face mask to provide intense hydration to your skin.
Serving Suggestions Even though chia seeds are perfect as an out of the bag snack, they can be used as:
- An addition to your salad. But first, soak them in water for a few days.
- As a topping on your smoothies, shakes, and yogurts to bring an element of crunch.
- Stuffing in your meatballs and other delicacies.
- A replacement of corn starch to thicken your soups and gravies. This is because when soaked in water, chia seeds form a gelatinous mix that works amazingly to create a creamy sauce.
- Chia seeds can absorb up to 9 times their weight in liquid.
- In ancient times, the Aztecs thought so highly of chia seeds that they were often used as currency!
- Chia seeds are derived from the Salvia hispanica plant that is a part of the mint family.
At Nuts For Us, we are on a quest to enhance your health by providing you with the purest of nutrition. Thus we make sure that all our dry fruits are carefully handpicked and sourced from the best regions around the globe while keeping their full nutrient profile intact.